On Thursday, 7 March Silvana Koch-Mehrin participated in the Crans Montana Forum Africa in 2013 which took place at the Le Plaza Hotel in Brussels. Speaking at the panel on “Attracting Foreign Direct Investment: a matter of credibility, stability and confidence. How to foster African Business Growth? Financing African Development strategies” she outlined the different areas of investment protection policy that the European Commission and the European Parliament is currently working on.
The other panelists were:
- Mr. Riadh Bettaïeb, Minister of Investment & International Cooperation, Tunisia
- Mrs. Thandi Cecilia Memela,Dep. Chairperson of the National Council of Provinces (Upper House), South-Africa
- Mrs. Margaret Nantongo Zziwa,Speaker, East African Legislative Assembly, Tanzania
- Mr. Abed Thyab Jazaa, Head of the Economic & Financial Committee, Arab Parliament
- Mr. Peter Wilson, Director, Omnia Strategy, United Kingdom
- Mr. Faman Touré, Vice-President, Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Côte d’Ivoire
- Mr. Olivier Lafourcade, Chairman of the Board, I&P Développement, France
Further information about the event can be found here.